Thursday, September 29, 2011

Chapter Eight

Well, here I am walking along the path with a new-found friend. Yes, my mythical backpack is gone. I am happy. For the first time in my life I can honestly say that I am happy. No, I am not at peace with myself totally, but I am happy.

My friend tells me that I have more to do.

You have to set to right those things that you set into motion that were off balance.

He told me that I had to become willing to set things straight. Wow, what a task. Actually be willing to be responsible for what I have done.

Imagine that, me being responsible. I suddenly realize I had no idea what to do to be responsible. What does it mean to be responsible, to set things right?

You must become prepared and willing to deal with every person or situation about which or upon whom you have left your mark. This is not about saying you are sorry; this is about setting the relationship right. Sometimes that may mean a relationship is concluded or it can be intensified or debts are paid, but things are brought back into balance. Some people call this a returning cycle … you restore the energy you took and then add just a little more to restore your self esteem and self pride. These may be things that you feel guilty about, or they may not, but you must be willing to deal with them in a fashion that will inspire peace to return to your relationship with them or it

There is only one thing that I can do. I can pray and ask for guidance and begin to trust that I will get the answers that I need to hear when I need to hear them.

I have begun the business of coming to terms with the fact that all persons are equal in God’s eyes.

My perception of this un-equal-ness is what fired the pit of my own pain, hurt and shame. I noticed that I had not recognized others as having a value before God.

I am beginning to understand that in the process of healing of my relationships I am healing my soul.

As I respect others as equal members of the Interplanetary Galactic Starship, then I am learning to respect me and all my processes. Time to write, time to journal and tell me my story, this time noticing the toes I have stepped on.

No comments:

Post a Comment