Tuesday, February 14, 2012


There Was A Time In My Life
There was a time in my life when I hung out with people who were ‘on the path.’ They appeared to be people who at least said they wanted to want God.
In 1979 I was an Associate Director of Student Services at Twin Valleys School, (TVS) Wardsville Ontario; an alternative to the penal system for young offenders; also known as a Spiritual Community (loosely aligned with Findhorn). It was here that I discovered that I really did not know anything. I also discovered that knowing you don’t know is handier then believing you know what you think you know. Before I came to The Valley I firmly believed that I knew a few things.  It was a shock to discover that I didn’t ... but it was true, I didn’t. 
After my sojourn at The Valley I set out to find my way in the world, and more importantly, for me to find me through my experiences in & with the world. I knew that I had lost me someplace out there in the mess of things I called my life and stepping back into the world from The Valley was a scary thing to do. The worldly experiences on the surface supplied little or no support for coming to terms with God being ever present in my life or for that matter; who the hell I was? In fact from my experience, the worldly experiences only seemed to prove the converse to be true, especially when considering the proportions being tossed at me and how I was experiencing/perceiving it.
What I discovered next was that my own true needs, my internal/spiritual needs, essentially had to be on solid ground and they weren’t, this is probably the most important lesson I learned. I had things backwards. I had placed a lot of effort on my external needs, the ones that I desperately believed I needed.
What I learned basically was to live in two places at the same time ... being in spiritual connectedness ... and at the same time ... being a spiritual conduit ... very difficult to do. It is one of those things that as soon as you think about it it’s gone, so it is totally a subjective experience. You can’t be in your head about it; you can only do it without thinking about it. 
One of the biggest lessons that surfaced out of all this for me is that Love, Unconditional Love has all the reality there truly is. All the rest of it is just window dressing, melodrama and misdirection. That was one of the important lessons that came from TVS, but it took years to fall into place for me ... 
You Can’t Fake Unconditional Love
Especially With A Kid
They Know Better
They’ll Call You On Your Stuff Every Time
All We Need To Do ... Is Listen ...

No comments:

Post a Comment